Who We Are:
Founded in Seattle in 1907, Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart offers high-quality educational programming grounded in a rich Catholic tradition. We provide our young women in grades 5-12 with the courageous leadership skills necessary to act with compassion and conviction in embracing the challenges of a diverse global society.
Our graduates respond generously to the needs of their local and global communities and embrace their responsibilities to serve morally and ethically. Forest Ridge educates young women to think critically, embrace challenges, model resilience, confront injustice, seek equality and lead globally. Our vision is uncompromising excellence in educating girls in the Sacred Heart tradition. Our graduates change the world.
Each year, our graduates are admitted to many of the top colleges and universities in the United States and around the world. Our student body is diverse, yet they share one commonality: as Forest Ridge graduates, they are uniquely and completely prepared for extraordinary success in college and life.
What Makes Us Different:
At all-girls Forest Ridge, your daughter will discover the enormous potential and power that comes with being a girl.
We measure ourselves by the Goals & Criteria: guiding principles that shape our faith, intellect, social responsibility, sense of community, and personal growth.
We are a Catholic institution, yet at Forest Ridge, each child’s faith is respected wherever she is on her faith journey. We believe that every person has something to contribute to the faith life of the community and that each child can commune with her God.
Forest Ridge graduates are confident young women who are responsible, creative and compassionate global citizens on a local, national and international level.
Find your passion. Be a leader. Learn to change the world. Our program, emphasizing academic rigor, personal development, global awareness, collaboration, ethical decision-making, and social justice, makes a difference in how girls learn and live…and how they will contribute to their world today and tomorrow.
Five Things to Know About Forest Ridge:
- Forest Ridge is a member of the International Network of Sacred Heart Schools and participates in an Exchange Program with schools in 29 other countries.
- Forest Ridge was a boarding school from its inception in 1907 until the early 1970s; the school resumed boarding in 2012 for girls in grades 9-12.
- We are diverse: 44% of students identify as Asian American, African American, Latina/Hispanic, Asian Indian, Middle Eastern American or Multiracial. Sixty-eight percent of our students represent Christian traditions as well as faiths such as Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist, and Muslim.
- Forest Ridge has been an IB World School since 2011. Among IB Diploma Candidates (DP) the May 2013 session had a pass rate of 92.59%; International Pass Rate: 78.54%
- Women as Global Leaders, an experiential leadership learning program, fosters 21st Century leadership skills through year-long classes like Peace and Reconciliation (Israel and the West Bank), Resources and Sustainability (the Arctic Circle) and Global Health (the Dominican Republic).
3 Key Program Features:
- Women as Global Leaders
- Sacred Heart Network Community– friendships and mentors with lifelong learning
- Location—beautiful Pacific Northwest—mild, temperate climate to entice you with hiking, biking, mountain climbing, sightseeing Seattle and Bellevue
- Total Enrollment : 400
- Type : Girls Only
- Boarding Grades : 9-12
- Total Students : 400
- Boarding Students : 28
- Day Students : 372
- ESL Offered : Yes
- Summer Program : Yes
- Avg. Class Size : 18
- Standard Application : No
- Academic URL : https://www.forestridge.org
- Sport URL :