From our hilltop vantage point in a historic Worcester neighborhood, we see things a little differently than most New England independent schools. This is a place where life takes an interesting turn. It’s called the real world, where success doesn’t always come easily, but it’s worth the extra effort. Since 1834, Worcester Academy has been creating life-changing experiences for students, families, and the community. Our exceptional teachers and coaches inspire students to dig deeper.
Students are engaged, empowered, and equipped to “Achieve the Honorable,” now and throughout their lives. In an authentic, unpretentious culture, Worcester Academy thoughtfully blends challenge and care — meeting students where they are in life, helping them to understand both who they are and what they have to contribute.
Our campus is conveniently located in Worcester, Massachusetts – New England’s second largest city 45 minutes from Boston and 2.5 hours from NYC. Students experience the vitality, diversity and excitement of this city rich in heritage, culture and the arts. Additionally, our proximity to world-renown educational institutions provide learning opportunities beyond the classroom that challenge young minds and nurture academic success.
Looking to discover as much as you can about yourself and the world around you? If so, you’ll fit right in. We attract students who want answers to their questions and who know that here they’ll find the best tools and the right support to turn those questions into solid answers and meaningful direction. We expect student to excel academically, but we know that a strong work ethic and a sense of purpose – skills needed for success in college and beyond – must be groomed in an environment with guidance and plenty of options.
- 180 courses offered
- 37 honors and Advanced Placement (AP) courses in all subject areas
- #1 Mathematics Team in New England
Recent travel abroad, cultural exchange and community service opportunities include Costa Rica, Denmark, Italy, China and Canada
Looking for a way to explore curiosity or the perfect place to pursue a passion? Our broad range of co-curricular activities, service-learning opportunities, robust athletic teams and unique arts offerings all serve to energize personal growth and prepare you to take on future leadership roles. This is where you’ll practice communicating and collaborating. This is where you’ll learn to be a leader.
- More than 50 club choices
- 36 competitive athletic teams for girls and boys
- Over 15,000 hours of community service earned annually
- Performing Arts opportunities available each term
- More than 250 student-leadership positions
Independent. Confident. Well-balanced. These are the words that describe Worcester Academy students. Worcester Academy nurtures students to be world-ready. If you’re looking to develop cultural competency, Worcester Academy is the right place. Our international students comprise roughly 20% of our student population. Your child will make friends with fellow students from places like Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Ecuador, Germany, Italy, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Scotland, Somaliland, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela and Vietnam.
3 Key Program Features:
- Easy access to airports, universities, restaurants and cultural activities in New England’s second largest city
- WA’s diverse community creates intentional and inspiring programs that recognize and nurture each student’s possibilities
- Commitment to ‘Achieving the Honorable’ at school and globally, encourages courageous, responsible learners and leaders
- Total Enrollment : 525
- Type : Co-Ed
- Boarding Grades : 9-12, PG
- Total Students : 525
- Boarding Students : 185
- Day Students : 340
- ESL Offered : Yes
- Summer Program :
- Avg. Class Size : 14
- Standard Application : Yes
- Academic URL : https://www.worcesteracademy.org
- Sport URL :