‘I am already in love with the School after only my second week. I looked out of my bedroom window this morning and was greeted with the most spectacular views and glorious sunshine. I am in awe of the quality of teaching and can’t believe how much I have learnt. I have learnt more in two weeks than the equivalent to what would take a term to cover at my previous school, which is one of the most famous schools in the southern hemisphere and one of the elite seven. It is no secret that Scotland offers the highest education in the world. I am just delighted that I have been made so welcome and settled in so quickly.’ – Charlie, new international boarder.
Founded a century ago, Strathallan School continues to thrive on the core values set out by our founder Harry Riley: “At Strathallan we aim to provide outstanding education, academic, social and extra-curricular elements, which give opportunities for all pupils to excel, developing their ability to benefit themselves and others.” It is an ethos that is shared in the business world and many of Strathallan’s pupils strive to become some of the country’s most inspirational corporate leaders. We believe that giving each pupil a chance to shine in something, gaining experience and confidence to develop their talents along the way, would be beneficial to wider society. Holding a strong reputation with an extensive portfolio of achievements, Strathallan is known for providing a high-quality boarding and day establishment and creating a wonderful environment to allow children to grow and develop. Most of our teaching staff and their families live on campus and 363 pupils (12 per cent of our 560 pupils being from 33 different countries) are full boarders. It is vital that the educational process provides a variety of opportunities to ensure pupils are equipped to deal with the challenges that will face them when they leave school.
Certainly the location offers pupils every advantage:
- Set in glorious countryside on a site of 153 acres.
- Offering a safe and secure environment for children to grow and develop.
- Within 10 minutes of the City of Perth and 40 minutes from the nearest international airport, it makes the commute from London Heathrow less than two hours and considerably more accessible for those living around the world.
- Modern Accommodation and Unrivaled Facilities
- The Junior House is situated within its own campus, as well as enjoying the facilities of the main School.
- Senior Houses feature individual study-bedrooms for privacy, and common room and leisure facilities for socialising and relaxation.
- Wi-Fi internet access throughout the School.
- Extensive playing fields, strength & conditioning centre, very successful Tennis and Clay Pigeon Shooting Academies and a golf course are just a few facilities we have to offer.
- Design Technology Centre and Art School.
- Over 55 activities to choose from weekly.
- A programme which spans 7 days.
- No set weekend exeats which means children can stay at School throughout the term only having to leave at half term or at the end of term.
We challenge our children, encouraging them to be as good as they can be. It is a world where they make friends easily and where our staff ensure exceptional standards of care both within and beyond the classroom. Our pupils are nurtured, motivated and inspired; it is a home from home where they feel safe and happy and therefore excel in whatever they do.
3 Key Program Features:
- An all-round education means our pupils can excel, with unrivaled facilities
- No set exeats so that the pupils don’t need to leave the School at weekends
- 68% full boarding with 12% International within the entire School role
- Total Enrollment : 560
- Type : Co-Ed
- Boarding Grades : 5-12, PG
- Total Students : 560
- Boarding Students : 357
- Day Students : 203
- ESL Offered : Yes
- Summer Program :
- Avg. Class Size : 13
- Standard Application : No
- Academic URL : https://www.strathallan.co.uk
- Sport URL :