St. Michaels University School invites students with intelligence, passion and commitment to join us and discover the potential in themselves and the world.
Committed to academic excellence, we offer a range of truly outstanding courses as well as exceptional athletic, performing arts, outdoor education and extracurricular programs. We want all of our students to discover their talents in:
- Leadership – Fifty clubs and councils provide many opportunities to shape life at our school. International conferences and guest speakers guide each student to their own way to create change.
- Arts – Music, theatre and visual art allow our students to exercise their creativity. We stage a full-scale musical each year and host several concerts.
- Service – Our students work locally, and as far away as Ghana, to help alleviate poverty.
- Athletics – Rugby, soccer and rowing are popular sports, but students have 14 to choose from. We value commitment, participation and sportsmanship.
Located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia, SMUS boarders benefit from all Vancouver Island has to offer, from kayaking along the coast to studying botany on Mount Tolmie. Though the SMUS campus is in a quiet, residential neighbourhood, Victoria’s vibrant centre — with its restaurants, art galleries, theatres and stores — is a short distance away.
Residential life boasts contemporary boarding facilities for students from 20 countries around the world, from Germany to Brazil to Thailand. On-campus concerts, intramurals, poetry readings, sports and other events keep boarders entertained when school is not in session, and weekends offer an opportunity to explore downtown, go on trips with fellow boarders and compete in inter-house games.
3 Key Program Features:
- #1 in Canada for Equity and Excellence in Advanced Placement
- Home of Ann Makosinski (Google Science Fair winner and Time Magazine’s 30 Under 30)
- The only Vancouver Island boarding school with an urban location close to downtown
- Total Enrollment : 928
- Type : Co-Ed
- Boarding Grades : K-12
- Total Students : 928
- Boarding Students : 241
- Day Students : 687
- ESL Offered : Yes
- Summer Program :
- Avg. Class Size : 18
- Standard Application : No
- Academic URL : https://www.smus.ca
- Sport URL :