American University Preparatory School (AUP) is a unique boarding high school in Downtown Los Angeles. We are a visionary school that promotes a rigorous and interdisciplinary academic program that merges with student-driven research, project-based learning, and technology literacy. We immerse students in a culture of collaboration, creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking with the intended purpose of developing students to be inventors, problem solvers, and leaders in local and global spheres.
AUP develops students holistically, attending individually and with an earnest interest in their intellectual pursuits, artistic/athletic talents, emotional well-being, and moral development. All members of the AUP community strive to model the virtues of honesty, self-discipline, responsibility, harmony, selflessness, and respect for others to promote the common good.
3 Key Program Benefits:
- Our goal is to prepare students for the independence and responsibility that comes with living in a city center. The cultural landscape of Los Angeles is incredibly important to our mission and student life. We have forged some partnerships with esteemed educational and business institutions, including the Colburn School, Downtown Ketchum YMCA, EEI NextGen School of Music, and ICL Academy.
- DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS & COMPUTER SCIENCE: We recognize the importance of technological fluency in the 21st century and have integrated DMA and CS into every part of the curriculum. Students will have a digital portfolio filled with 2D/3D projects, video productions, computer generated (CG) animation artwork, and website/software designs upon graduation.
- DIVERSITY & GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: AUP students have the opportunity to take a two-semester course that prepares students to be global leaders in the 21st century. In the first semester, students learn to appreciate, analyze, and critique the world’s many cultures, social systems, policies, and economies. The background and theoretical knowledge gained in the first semester is put into practice in the second semester, where students work collaboratively to design and carry out an interdisciplinary research project overseen by teachers from all departments.
- Total Enrollment : 40
- Type : Co-Ed
- Boarding Grades : 9-12
- Total Students : 40
- Boarding Students : 40
- Day Students : 0
- ESL Offered : No
- Summer Program : No
- Avg. Class Size : 8
- Standard Application : No
- Academic URL : https://aupschool.org/academics/
- Sport URL : None